Monday, February 16, 2009

Kimberly's dulcimer clips

Kimberly Burnette-Dean, dulcimer player who specializes in the style of playing first developed in Galax, Virginia, has kindly consented to letting me put her YouTube clips in my link list you see to the right on this blog. I like how one can compare the three distinct instruments Kimberly is playing (a Galax dulcimer, a scheitholt, and a 'normal' mountain dulcimer) and then observe how she uses three quite different playing styles that make the most of each instrument. Thanks Kimberly!

I have been busy adding new links to the link list here. Hopefully folks will find them interesting, helpful, ...and fun!

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy watching Kimberly's videos! One day, I hope to play "Flop-Eared Mule" half as well as she does.

    ReplyDelete